The Names and Titles of Jesus – Jesus Our Redeemer – Episode 107
This series of the names and titles of Jesus will give us a more in-depth understanding of Jesus Christ our Lord. This is 15th in the series.
Christ our Redeemer
- Gal 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us…”
- 1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
- Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
“redemption” speaks of deliverance. It speaks of rescue and release and recovery.
- To have redemption, there has to first be a need, a desperate predicament. We have to be redeemed from or out of something
- There’s a Redeemer. The assumption here is that we cannot redeem ourselves. We are helpless
- There’s a price to be paid.-
- redemption means to be rescued or delivered “out of” something—a desperate situation or circumstance—and “into” a new place—a place of freedom, a place of blessing.
DOCTRINE OF THE KINSMAN REDEEMER
The redemption of property.
The redemption of persons.
1. The redemption of marriage
To have redemption
1. There has to first be a need,
2. There has to be a Redeemer
3. There has to be a price to be paid
4. You are rescued or delivered “out of” something—a desperate situation or circumstance—and “into” a new place—a place of freedom, a place of blessing.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every
one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made
under the law,5 To redeem them that were under the law,.. Galatians 4 (KJV)
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written,
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: Galatians 3
Colossians 2 (NIV)
3 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you
alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned
us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them,
triumphing over them by the cross.
WE ARE THE BRIDE OF CHRIST
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye
should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth
fruit unto God.